Saturday 14 June 2014

Fr. Faber


I have recently received this email from Fr.Edward van den Bergh of the Brompton Oratory, which I post for your information:

I am a priest of the Brompton Oratory, and I'm emailing to you as the LMS rep for East Anglia, to let you know that on 28th June at (I hope, though tbc in the next few days) at 11am there will be a Missa Cantata (Vigil of Ss Peter and Paul) in the church of All Saints in Elton.
  A small group of us are coming up from London that day to mark the 200th birthday of Father Faber, founder of the Brompton Oratory who was rector of the church at Elton from 1843 until 1845 when he decided to become a Catholic. The Bishop has given his permission as has the current Rector.
  The Mass will be open to all comers, so I thought I'd let you know, in case any LMS members would be interested.
  With best wishes,
  In Christ,
  Fr Edward

No comments: